Atelier « La Guerre Froide 2.0″
Roman Kroke realized the pilot-workshop in partnership with the UWC – United Word College – Mostar (Bosnia-Herzegovina) in November 2019; the project was coordinated by MEDIEL and its director André Bossuroy. The topic: Back in the times, the term “Cold War” was introduced to describe a new kind of warfare. Today, there is widespread discourse about an “awakening” of a Cold War in a new guise. What kind of contemporary conflicts may deserve a comparable term on their own to highlight their destructive potential in our globalized world?
- The project was co-funded by the Europe for Citizens Programme of the European Union.
- Interdisciplinary approach: art, politics, philosophy, history – education to a world citizenship
- Special thanks to Sasa Santic (Head of Arts Department and Visual Arts) and his colleague Enes Žuljević (Visual Arts teacher), to Adla Velagić Ćurić (Public Relations Coordinator), Dženan Hakalović (Acting Head of the UWC Mostar) and, of course, the protagonists: the participating students!
Working materials (inter alia):
The documentary movie “30 years ago, the fall of the Berlin Wall – When art meets remembrance” (2019) by Andre Bossuroy.
- Abandoned objects collected in war ruins of Mostar (rocks, bottles, computers etc.).
- Photos of graffiti from Mostar by UWC Mostar Visual Arts teacher Enes Žuljević.